Basic Tips for FF Desserts and Cheat Day Meals
For anyone who has gone through the 4 Cycle Solution program or who has completed a cycle, Cheat days are something they look forward to and plan for each week.
Many people who are just starting out or reading the guides for the first time, the cheat day or free food dessert concept raises a number of questions. To try and simplify this part of the program and simplify things for you, we have created this article to provide some helpful tips.
- Determine your current weight loss goals. Once you have that goal in mind, you can adjust your cheat meals and dessert choices accordingly. If you have over 20 pounds to lose, consume 2 or 3 clean meals and ONE cheat meal that contains your favorite cheat food with a small piece of dessert. If you have under 20 pounds to lose, then you have use the whole day to consume more carbs and get a break from the strict meal plans.
- Make sure that you have a dessert on your cheat day even if you have a lot of weight to lose. This is done for a specific reason and will help prevent any temptations to binge or go off the program.
- Increase your water intake the day after your cheat day, so you can flush your system and reduce the water weight quickly.
- Do your best to choose clean foods even on your cheat meals. So avoid artificial sweeteners, HFCS, and processed foods. Having fresh made desserts or from a local bakery or sweet shop is always best. Cheesecake, ice cream, baked goods and chocolate are some good options.
- If you can, try to get in a very good, intense workout sometime that day. It will help your body burn the extra sugars and maintain your current progress.
Shaun has spent a lot of time providing these guidelines, but the rules are quite flexible. So take this time to relax a bit and to enjoy the fact that you have made it to another cheat meal, and have stuck to the Cycles meal plans.
We hope this helps you get the most out of your cheat days and FF desserts.
- Customer Support Staff