Top 10 Guidelines to maintain a fit lifestyle
Posted by , Last modified by on 20 October 2015 04:46 PM
Top 10 Guidelines for a Fit Lifestyle
The question we get asked all the time is: “What can I do to lose weight and keep it off?”
Now there are many tricks out there that can potentially double or triple the results of the following information. But if you follow these steps consistently you can program your metabolism to become a fat burning machine now.
Here are the 10 Law for a healthy lifestyle:
1. Lift weights – Simple truth, resistance training is the number one way to burn more fat and calories. It has a two main benefits. First it produces more lean muscle tissue so you will end up burning more calories even while resting. Second, when done correctly, a weight training workout can speed up your metabolism for up to 12 hours longer than most traditional cardio sessions.
2. Eat smaller meals more often – If you eat 5-6 smaller meals a day you will change your bodies routine. Most people who eat 1-3 meals a day are setting up their bodies to be fat storing machines. A well timed meal plan will provide your body with a constant supply of nutrients throughout the day while managing your blood sugar. It will also skyrocket your metabolism and reprogram your body for weight loss.
3. Combine Lean Protein with Fibrous Carbs each meal – This allows your body to be in a fat burning environment all day long. With proper portion control you can also stabilize insulin which can allow your body to potentially use stored fat as fuel.
4. Detox and Flush your system with Water – Water and detoxifying work hand in hand with diet and exercise to keep your body free of many illnesses and diseases and working properly. If you don’t get enough water the whole system can quickly break down and you will lose the positive effects of your efforts. Water is responsible for the delivery and transport of all processes that take place in the body (fat burning, recovery, digestion, etc) so make sure you are giving your body the fluids it needs to keep going. This means drinking 8 to 12 eight ounce glasses of water or more each day.
5. Eat more “Clean” Protein – Eating more protein will curb your cravings for carbs and in return you will have more energy and allow your body to reach its fat metabolizing potential. It also provides the building blocks of muscles and provides nutrients needed for hormones, enzymes, antibodies and neurotransmitters. Lastly, it has a greater thermic effect allowing your body to consistently burn more calories.
6. Do Cardio first thing after waking up – Not only is this a great way to start your day, it will also rev up your metabolism to be a fat burning furnace. You could actually speed up your metabolism for a full two days after a cardio session if done correctly it can cut your workout time down significantly.
7. Avoid “Dirty” Carbohydrates – We have to avoid refined carbs, especially the while ones that everyone eats. The only way to live a healthy lifestyle if to eat balanced meals with clean fibrous carbohydrates, clean lean proteins and small amounts of friendly fats. It is true that our bodies need carbs to fuel our brains, body and muscles. However, if we continue to consume refined white or sugary carbs, we will program our bodies to store more fat, have less energy and increase our risk of unwanted diseases.
8. Get more rest and take liquid vitamins – Working out and eating right are just the stimuli for reaching your goals. The results you see actually occur while you are resting each night. When you train hard and eat right, you are putting stress on your body and this causes you to need more rest and will also deplete your nutrients. By getting enough sleep for recovery and taking a liquid vitamin supplement you will allow your body to fill in the missing gaps in the nutrition and fat loss equation.
9. Consume 30 grams of Fiber daily and avoid starchy carbs at the end of the day – Early in the day, carbs are used for energy and fuel the body and brain. When you eat carbs later in the day or at night, your metabolism has slowed so your need for fuel decreases. Your body is more likely to store those extra carbs as unwanted ugly body fat. So try avoiding carbs for your last two means of the day, making them mostly lean protein and small amounts of vegetables with friendly fats.
10. Be consistent, not perfect – If you follow the above steps closely you will burn fat, much more fat than most people are used to. But we are all human which means we will fall off the program for time to time. The key to achieving great results is knowing that when you do lose your way, you must get back on track instead of giving up. A great way to combat this temptation and to reward yourself for all your hard work is to use a “free day” or “cheat day” once a week. This will give you something positive to focus on and is a fantastic “calorie shock” to your body. Remember, Consistency and not perfection is the key to giving your body the programming it needs to be in a fat burning mode “naturally” all day long.
So there you have it. 10 basic tips for fat loss success. Most of us tend to over complicate things and make these guidelines too difficult to follow.
Remember: “Nothing tastes as good as being in great shape feels” and “Half of getting what you want out of life is understanding what you have to give up to get it”
For a complete 8 week nutrition and exercise plan, check out The 4 Cycle Solution
If you are looking for just an exercise program to go along with these tips then take a look at The 7 Day Ab Targeted Solution
- Customer Support Staff